Neighbor Storage, Inc.
Contest Official Rules & Conditions
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
This Contest is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not located within the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia.
1. Eligibility: The Contest is open only to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry and have an active account with Neighbor Storage, Inc. (“Neighbor” or “Sponsor”) and Internet access. If you don’t already have a Neighbor account, you can set one up for free at www.Neighbor.com. Employees of Sponsor and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, their immediate family members and persons living in their same household, are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Participation in the Contest constitutes an entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules & Regulations ("Official Rules"). VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, RESTRICTED, OR TAXED.
2. Eligibility Warranty: You represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Sponsor, with respect to issues arising under this Contest, as final and binding. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting at 12:01 AM ET on the 27th of June for the initial contest period (which shall continue through the end of July) and at the same time on the first day of each calendar month thereafter (“Beginning Date”) and ending at 12:00 AM (Midnight) ET on the last day of each calendar month (“Ending Date”). The contest is ongoing and renews monthly, with one winner designated each month.Neighbor intends to continue this contest for the life of the company, but it may discontinue the contest at any time in the future without recourse to any participant or other person, if it determines in its sole discretion that the contest is no longer serving the purposes for which it was instituted.
4. Entry Requirements: Each entrant must be the rightful owner of the Neighbor account identified in the entrant’s entry as of the Beginning Date and may not create or own more than one account for purposes of this contest, either directly or in connection with another person.
Entrants must provide all information requested to be eligible to win. Incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. If you participate via your wireless phone, message and data rates may apply. Please consult your wireless-service provider regarding its message and data pricing plans. All terms and conditions of your service provider apply.
5. Winners: The winner will be the person who owns the Neighbor account that has accrued the most points at each monthly Ending Date.Points are awarded based on several criteria, each of which is worth different point totals. Entrants earn points by (1) inviting individuals to register (each e-mail invitation is worth 1 point), (2) having a person you invite register for an account (10 points for each registration), (3) having a person you invite actually reserving and paying for a space (1,000 points for each person who places at least one reservation) and (4) having a person you invite actually close a transaction renting out that person’s space (2,000 points for each person who rents out at least one space). In each case, only Qualified Referrals, as that term is defined in Section 6 of these Official Rules, will result in points to an entrant. We may show rankings at any given time, but the final winner will be determined by adding up the points earned by a Neighbor account on the Ending Date each month. The competition is renewed each month. At the end of each month, after a winner is identified, each entrant’s point total will be re-set at zero for the coming month’s competition. The events that occur in any subsequent month will result in points for that subsequent month. For example, if you send an invitation to somebody to join Neighbor in July, and that person closes a transaction renting a space from a third party in September, you will get one point in July and 1,000 points in September.
If there is a tie, the maximum amount of the award that would have been available to a single winner will be divided in two and given to both winners in pro rata amounts, based on the value of their Mortgage Payment (defined below).
After the Ending Date each month, Neighbor will verify that the points are accurately based on Qualified Referrals. This verification period will include enough time to determine whether the minimum amounts paid and other actions taken that have resulted in points to the winner are Qualified Referrals. This may take up to ninety days. We will notify the winners within thirty days after the date the winner has been fully verified each month. Neighbor shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winners' spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners' provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return completed and executed Prize Claim Documents as required, the prize may be forfeited, and Neighbor may determine in its sole discretion whether an alternate winner will be selected.
6. Prize: There is one Grand Prize and no other prizes (other than the $50 payments, which are available to everybody under the conditions described below).
The Grand Prize is the agreement of Neighbor to pay the winner’s House Payment for the winner’s primary residence (the “House”) for the month in which the applicable Beginning Date occurs. “House Payment” for purposes of the Grand Prize consists of the total of the principal and interest shown on the winner’s loan statement in the month in which the Beginning Date occurs. The House Payment does not include insurance, taxes, fees, or other items showing on the winner’s statement. The total Grand Prize amount shall not exceed $5,000 in any single month. The winner will receive a request for information evidencing the House Payment amount and any other information Neighbor may need to make the payment. Once all the information requested has been received by Neighbor, Neighbor will complete the verification and, where verification occurs, reimburse the winner the amount of the House Payment.
If the winner moves out of the House or either sells or rents the House to any third party at any time, Neighbor’s obligations shall cease and be deemed fulfilled with respect to this Contest. This obligation will not apply to individuals who transfer the House into a trust for estate planning or liability limitation purposes.
In addition to the Grand Prize, after verification by Neighbor, each Qualified Referral will result in two $50 payments from Neighbor. One payment of $50 will be made to the person making a referral and one payment of $50 will be made to the new customer of Neighbor. Payment will be made in a manner and at a time determined by Neighbor (in no event more than 90 days after the date of verification). A “Qualified Referral” consists of a referral from a current customer of Neighbor that (1) results in an actual rental transaction totaling more than $100 between a new customer of Neighbor and a third party (where a specific transaction amount is required by the terms of these Official Rules), (2) is the result of an arms-length transaction between a willing buyer and willing seller contracting for the purposes of receiving the services made available by Neighbor, (3) is not made for the sole purpose of generating referrals or the $100 payment provided for in this section, and (4) is made by an individual who has complied with these Official Rules and the Terms of Service (referenced below).
7. Additional Rules for Entry: You may not engage in any conduct that artificially inflates the number of points you earn or that violates any applicable laws regarding electronic or other communications, including without limitation the CAN-SPAM Act. You may not make any statement, warranty, or representation regarding the Services that is not made publicly by Neighbor. You may not make any untrue, misleading, or fraudulent statement regarding the Services or your participation in the Contest. You may not offer any compensation or consideration to any person to induce them to become a customer of Neighbor. You may not engage in any other illegal or immoral conduct intended to increase your points.
8. Prize Transfer and Tax: The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others is permitted. WINNERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR REPORTING AND PAYING ANY AND ALL INCOME, SALES OR EXCISE TAXES THAT MAY APPLY TO ACCEPTING PRIZES; SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR AND WILL NOT PAY ANY SUCH TAXES.
9. Odds: This is a contest. Therefore, the odds of winning depend on the number of points you generate under these Official Rules.
10. Compliance with Laws: The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. IN ADDITION, ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION) MAY RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST.
11. Rights Granted by you: By entering this Contest you understand that Neighbor, anyone acting on its behalf, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the world, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
13. Indemnification and Limitation of Liability: Each person who enters the Contest agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Neighbor, its agents and owners, from and against any and all illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant's participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries.
14. Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF UTAH, USA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, you agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the State of Utah, USA, which shall have exclusive personal jurisdiction, to which you hereby submit. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
16. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner's name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a self-addressed and stamped envelope to: Neighbor Storage, Inc. 67 N. Center Street, American Fork, UT 84003. Requests must be received no later than the Ending Date each month.